Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 1 continued

... anyway there was lots more, including five deserts: shoo fly pie, cherry cheesecake, homemade ice cream, something else, and a ridiculously good pudding made of saltine crackers, egg whites, and other goodies. Saltine crackers?! That is correct. I have the recipe back in our room. We are eating breakfast in the dining car at the motel. Yes, of course, an old dining car on wheels and tracks.

I also climbed a rickety old tower that had great views but was very scary. Details if anyone wants.

Pictures to follow shortly (I hope).

2 comments:

  1. great to see you guys on another adventure.
    enjoy and keep the pics coming.
    dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. More peektures, for sure. This sounds like a great diabetic snack you found. Finally, what a great way to start your planetary tour! It's great to leave big footsteps in your life. Something to remember for many years ahead.

    I eagerly await further stories, though I'll reset my expectations for something a bit less dramatic every day. I hope you burned off your adrenaline by night time.

    ReplyDelete